Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain wafers that are glued to the front of the teeth to give them an attractive appearance. It is rightly said that porcelain veneers are to the teeth as artificial nails are to hands. There is numerous porcelain veneers specialist in Virginia those are helping several people to get their perfect smile.
With around a half millimetre thickness, they could easily be given a texture like the front of the teeth. In addition, the hardness durability of porcelain makes this veneer durable. Apart from porcelain, ceramic or composite adhesives can also be used to make veneers.
Image Source: Google.com
What problems do porcelain veneers solve?
* Loose Teeth: Teeth that are worn out from excessive grinding or consuming carbonated drinks can be covered with it.
* Broken or Damaged Teeth: Such teeth can be hidden under a layer of porcelain with similar characteristics and colour to natural teeth.
* Discolored teeth: although teeth whitening can remove many types of tooth stains, it helps give teeth the perfect colour and shape. They also work well when whitening stains are too difficult to remove.
* Crooked teeth: teeth that are less bent can be decorated with porcelain veneers. These veneers, which are placed over the front teeth, look flawless and impressive.
* Gap: The space between two teeth can be filled with porcelain dental veneer to produce the same smile.
Which is better – porcelain or composite veneer? The distinguishing factors between the two types are:
* Porcelain veneers are more durable than composite veneers.
* Composite veneers are more prone to staining than porcelain veneers.
* Porcelain veneer looks natural and translucent.